Adjusting the System Date and Time
- Begin by opening the Date/Time Properties Dialog Box:
- Right-click on the time displayed at the far right of the Task Bar.
- From the Menu that opens choose Adjust Date/Time. The Date/Time Properties Dialog Box is displayed
- To set the Date:
- Choose the appropriate month by left-clicking on the drop-down arrow (to the right of the month displayed) and then left-clicking on the correct month.
- Choose the appropriate year by left-clicking on the upper spinner button (to the right of the year displayed) to increase the year by one or left-clicking on the lower spinner button to decrease the year by one. Notice that the calendar below changes as the year changes.
- Choose the appropriate day of the month by left clicking on the appropriate day in the calendar.
- To set the Time:
- Use the left mouse button to highlight the hours and use the spinner buttons as above to choose the correct hour.
- Use the same procedure for the minutes and seconds.
- To set the Time Zone:
- Use the drop-down arrow (to the right of the time zone displayed) and the scroll-bar to find the correct time zone for your location<\li>
- Left-click on it to choose it
- If your location is subject to Daylight Saving Time, be sure to place a check mark in the appropriate box by left-clicking once on it.
Adjusting the System Time and Date (video demonstration)
Return to the Description of Adjusting the System Time and Date
Return to the Main Topic Menu