Displaying File Extensions
The task is complete!
- Double Left-click on the My Computer icon on the Desktop
- Left-click on the View Menu and the left-click to choose Folder Options
- Left-click on the View (middle) Tab
- Look for the item "Hide File Extensions for Known File Types"
- Left-click on it to remove the check mark
- You may also want to left-click on "Show Hidden Files" just above it. This will allow you to see ALL the files on your system, not just the ones Microsoft wants you to see
- Left-click on the Apply button, then on the OK button
How to Display File Extensions (video demonstration)
Return to the Description of Displaying File Extensions
Return to the Main Topic Menu