During the first nine months of 2013, the SeniorNet Curriculum Committee has released the following new courses to your local SeniorNet Learning Center.
Skill Courses - A new series of specialized short courses currently available through your local SeniorNet Learning Center.
- Disk Management - 4-hour workshop. Students will learn how to partition their hard drive, store data on the partition, and schedule and restore backup.
- Managing Windows 8 - 4-hour workshop. A guide to understanding the new Windows 8 Start Screen and Desktop.
- A Beginner's Guide to Facebook - 6 short lessons on setting up and managing a Facebook accoun.
- Introduction to Microsoft SkyDrive - A beginner's guide to using the free and personal online sharing and cloud storage from Microsoft.
- Home Networking - Guide to networking multiple home computers and peripheral equipment
Full classroom courses are 6-8 lessons and from 1-1/2 to 2 hours per session.
New this month:
- A Beginners Guide to MS Publisher 2010 - Learn how to use MS Publisher templates to create a letterhead, postcard, calendar, flyer, and newsletter and understand the many options available in MS Publisher 2010.
Other available courses:
Digital Photo Editing for Beginners,
Video Editing and Movie Making for Beginners
Word 2010 -Level 1 Basics
Word 2010 -Level 2 Intermediate
Word 2010 -Level 3 Advanced
Windows 7 Introduction to Computers
Introduction to Internet Explorer 9
SeniorNet Exploring Windows Live Mail 2011
Coming this Fall:
Computer Fundamentals, Windows 8.1
Introduction to Computers, Windows 8.1
The Many Faces of Google
Family Fun with Power Point
Computer Maintenance and Troubleshooting
MS Office Word 2013
Contact your local SeniorNet Learning Center for a complete schedule of available courses.