Newsletter December 2012
SENIORNET NEEDS YOUR HELP
SeniorNet Members and Supporters
As SeniorNet reaches the end of our 26th year, we would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your support over the past years. It is only with help from people like you that SeniorNet has been able to fulfill our mission (enhancing the lives of older adults and those with a need of computer training and technology education).
Look at some of what we accomplished in 2012:
- We opened new centers
- Quinault Indian Reservation, Learning Center, WA
- Second Union Baptist Church, Learning Center, Washington D.C.
- An International Research Center for product and services for those "50 years old and better", Brooklyn, New York.
- SeniorNet Social Media was created to extend education and awareness
- Our blog: Social Media Scoop for Seniors
- SeniorNet on Facebook
- SeniorNet on Twitter
- We launched new partnerships
- GrandMentor Program, giving members the opportunity to volunteer by reading to underserved elementary school children via Skype.
- Vistaprint, providing logo'd marketing collateral to SeniorNet Centers to increase their awareness in their local communities.
- New Membership benefits/discounts with more new partners ( Holiday Membership Benefits )
- Telikin, all-in-one, easy-to-use touchscreen computers designed with seniors in mind offers significant product discounts to our entire membership. The Telikin has been piloted in centers with seniors that are impaired and the feedback has been fantastic.
- Clarity (division of Plantronics), provided new amplified cellphones designed uniquely for seniors to SeniorNet leaders and is offering holiday discounts to SeniorNet
- Pearson QUE Publishing, one of the largest computer book publishers in the world, offers special discounts and tutorial reference products to our centers and members.
As you know, the world is becoming increasingly connected through the internet, and it is more important than ever before for seniors to know essential computer skills. To this point – with the support of our strategic partners, we were able to provide the latest Microsoft and Adobe software to our centers, as well as SeniorNet‘s user-friendly curriculum (student instruction) for all ages.
We know you receive many requests for donations, and we know your money is important to you. Please take a moment to consider helping us to make a difference.
Please know that any contribution from you, large or small, will go a long way empowering seniors and those that need new technology skills.
Go to www.SeniorNet.org and click on Donate Today!
Or mail your check/money order to:
12801 Worldgate Drive
Herndon, VA 20170
Remember, SeniorNet is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization and any donation you make is fully tax-deductible!
We have a lot planned for 2013 and hope you will continue supporting SeniorNet‘s mission. Thank you again for your loyalty and dedication over the past years.
Leslie M. Smith
<< Start < Prev 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 Next > End >>
Page 67 of 72